housekeeping n : the work of cleaning and running a house [syn: housework]
- The chores of maintaining a house as a residence, especially cleaning.
- Any general tasks that involve preparation.
- The computer program does some general housekeeping involving initializing variables and opening files before beginning the main processing.
chores of maintaining a house as a residence
- Finnish: kodinhoito
Housekeeping may refer to:
- Household management, the cleaning and maintenance of a household or a building
- House work, chores related to household management
- Janitorial work
- Repair and maintenance, an expense item for the purposes of accounting and taxation
- Garbage collection (computer science), deletion of unneeded temporary computer file or freeing computer memory
- Housekeeping genes in metabolism
- Housekeeping (novel), a novel by Marilynne Robinson
- Housekeeping (1987), a film version of the novel starring Christine Lahti
- Housekeeping (2001), a short film